Continuing from yesterdays blog post about the Winter Village Cottage is the second build in the theme, the Bakery. Now I’m not building them in order they were released but letting the family randomly pick which set I build. This set as well as being the second set I’m building for the client, also happens to be the second set released in the theme back in 2010, retailing at the time at £49.99, with 687 pieces.
We kept to the same sort of style, size as the first set (that’s coming next). The bakery was fun build packed with loads of little features, from the bakery over/chimney to the ice rink outside with half a minifigure stuck in the snow. This set was before we came up with the ice skate elements so we used brick elements as an alternative. Again we added a light brick this allow you to light up the bakery with a warm orange glow. Out of the 3 commercial buildings, Toy Shop, Bakery and Post Office, I still like this one the most, the way the roof is design with windows coming through the snow covered roof is a highlight. Plus was nice to again use colours that at the time were rare to appeal to the builders out there.
Return to yesteryear with this festive holiday scene!
It’s a winter wonderland in this snow-covered little town! A special-delivery evergreen, all ready for decorating, arrives at the tree-seller’s stand by horse-drawn cart, while ice skaters frolic on the frozen pond with colorful lights and a curious owl perched overhead. Just look out for the freshly-shoveled snow piles – one skater has already tumbled in head-first! At the bakery nearby, the friendly baker prepares delicious holiday treats in his oven and rings up sales at the cash register. Push the glowing LEGO Power Functions brick to fill the building with warm interior light! Includes 7 ½ minifigures, snow owl, horse and lots of winter accessories.
- Includes 7 ½ minifigures as well as a snow owl and horse!
- Features LEGO Power Functions light-up brick which lights the interior of the bakery when you push it!
- Includes lots of fun winter accessories like a dark blue minifigure hood with new fur print!
- Prepare holiday treats and ring up sales at the cash register!
- Skate on the frozen pond made of 8×8 transparent blue plates!
- Interesting elements include a camera, tan baguettes, croissants, green apple, 8×8 transparent blue plates, medium blue tiles and even a new ‘caramel’ color for several brick and arch elements outside the bakery!
- Features an evergreen tree for decorating, tree seller’s stand and even a horse-drawn cart!
- Bakery measures 7″ (18 cm) wide!
- Completed model (depending on space allocated between the individual parts) measures 16″ (40 cm) wide, 12″ (30 cm) deep and 7″ (18 cm) high!